Fast Tune-Ups and General Maintenance For Peak Performance
At CARQUEST of Chelsea we know as the pace of technology quickens the classic "tune-up" changes. Our team is ready! We use cutting edge expertise and diagnostic technologies to help you keep fuel-efficient, high-performance cars and trucks running at their peak.
Automobile maintenance used to consist of a simple short checklist. But today, general maintenance requirements can vary widely from one vehicle to the next. Rapid changes in automotive technology can leave car owners asking, "What general car maintenance services do I need to stay on top of?"
Call today at 734-475-3741 or stop by our store at 405 N Main St to discuss general car maintenance and the auto parts you need to get the job done right.
Ask Us About 10 Cost-Saving Tune-Up Activities
- Use high-performance oil and other important fluids engineered specifically for your vehicle type.
- Your car battery does more than just start your car. Check battery voltage and charging voltage to keep the onboard computer systems working correctly.
- Scan for fault codes that report ignition, transmission, engine, and other auto repair concerns.
- Replace filters, including your fuel filter, air filter, PCV valve, and breather filter.
- Check for emissions issues and the O2 sensor to avoid costly engine repairs down the road.
- Check spark plugs, verify the idle speed and fuel mixture.
- Inspect rotor and/or distributor caps.
- Monitor dynamic compression to avoid auto repair problems like leaky exhaust valves or a bad head gasket.
- Check the ignition timing to detect sensor problems.
- Discuss with us how road conditions in Chelsea create unique problems that affect wear and tear.
- If your "Check Engine" light comes on simply accessing the information needed from your onboard computer system to repair your car requires a high level of skill and knowledge. At CARQUEST of Chelsea our highly trained auto parts experts are here to help.
Advice From The Car Care Council
The Car Care Council recommends that car and truck owners take the time necessary to become familiar with their vehicles. Study the owner's manual to become thoroughly acquainted with the operation of all systems. Pay special attention to the indicator lights and instruments.
What our clients are saying about us
We have established longterm and stable partnerships with various clients thanks to our excellence in solving their automotive needs!
Every experience is perfect. Just today, my 1988 truck door latch gizmo breaks or is stuck. I exit truck but can't close the door. It's pouring down rain. I call local dealership where I have serviced and ask for a house call or at least help of some kind. They tell me to bring it in and they will look at but parts will take time to order. I am thinking "but it's pouring down rain and it's 55 speed limit on road into town." I hang up and remember how wonderful Chelsea Carquest guys have been since I bought this truck. I call tell them the problem and they tell me the "trick" to fix it--you need to pull the outside handle up (like you are opening it) in order the the latch to release and go back into place. I run outside in the rain, I try it and it works! Love these guys every time. Now I can go to work!.